Z Car Source Product Warranty and Return Policy
- Z Car Source has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee*. If the customer is not satisfied, the parts may be returned within the first 30 days to receive a refund. All orders returned on a non-direct exchange basis will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Shipping prices will not be refunded. No returns will be accepted after 30 days of date of delivery to Customer.
- Customer is responsible for checking all orders immediately upon delivery. If any items are missing, incorrect or damaged, customer must notify Z Car Source within 3 business days of when the order was delivered. After 3 business days from delivery, Z Car Source is not responsible for incorrect, missing or damaged items. Domestic orders will not ship delivery signature required, unless specifically requested by the customer. If delivery signature required is requested by the customer, additional shipping fees may apply.
- *No returns will be made on the following orders: All Special Orders, Gift Certificates, Custom Body Cuts and Custom Refurbished Parts – all are final sales. These sales are non-returnable and non-refundable. Please contact Z Car Source prior to ordering with questions.
- All Custom Body Cuts are to be paid in full prior to the cut is made and at that time is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Special Orders and Custom Refurbished Parts will require a deposit, and will be non-cancellable and non-refundable from the time that the deposit is made.
To Make a Return (including Cores):
Please ship all returns to:
Z Car Source, Attn: Returns
952 W Melinda Lane, #D
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Please put a copy of your original receipt in the box, pack all returns well and insure for the full purchase price (including shipping). Z Car Source will process the refund within 2 weeks of receipt of the return (cores & returns made without proper paperwork and authorization may take longer).
- Core returns will be inspected upon receipt to determine viability of the core. If a core is in sub-standard condition, is not Viable or is incomplete, Z Car Source will inspect/evaluate further to determine if core can be salvaged. If a core is not able to be salvaged, no core credit will be refunded. If the core requires more than the standard amount of work to refurbish the part, a partial core credit may be refunded. Each core is evaluated on an individual basis. Please call Z Car Source with any questions about cores and core viability. ALL CORES MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF RECEIVING ORDER DELIVERY FROM Z CAR SOURCE. For products that are sold on Direct Exchange, Z Car Source must receive Viable Rebuildable/Refinishable core prior to Z Car Source beginning the Rebuilding/Refinishing process. Photos may be required to determine viability of core.
- Customer is responsible for any additional shipping/service charges charged by the shipping carried to complete deliveries where the customer provided an incomplete or incorrect shipping address.
- Any part that has been installed on a vehicle (whether the vehicle has been driven or not) may not be returned.
- All performance parts are considered “off road use” and have no warranty unless specified by the manufacturer. Parts damaged or broken due to performance add on are not covered under warranty.
- No refunds or exchanges on items with “Z Car Source” stickers that have been removed or peeled off for re-use, or any items that have been damaged, manipulated or modified by the customer.
- Customer is responsible for ALL Shipping and Handling associated with return(s).
- No returns on NEW or REBUILT item(s) that are damaged by Customer’s misuse or installation, have been used (not in original condition), have been installed on a vehicle (driven or not), are not in resalable condition, or are not in the original packaging.
- All USED items are sold in “AS-IS” condition. Every reasonable attempt is made during the sales process to convey the quality of product(s) to the Customer before the purchase is completed. Many of these parts are 30+ years old, no longer manufactured and in very limited supply.
- Z Car Source LLC assumes no responsibility or liability for failure of any kind for any NEW, REBUILT or USED part(s) installed by the customer or third party installers. It is the customer’s responsibility to seek knowledgeable repair and consultation beyond that of Z Car Source LLC, and Z Car Source LLC will under no circumstances reimburse for any labor, time or materials.
- All NEW items that fail due to normal conditions (shipping, manufacturer defects, etc.) are sold with a Ninety (90) day warranty and replaced at Z Car Source’s expense once shipped back to Z Car Source for inspection and replacement. All parts and pieces associated with the failed item(s) shipped from Z Car Source to the Customer must be returned to Z Car Source by the Customer unless otherwise agreed in writing between Z Car Source and Customer or no refund/replacement will occur. REBUILT warranties vary by part, so please contact Z Car Source for information on specific part warranties.
- Customer will receive credit for return(s) in the same payment type as provided by the Customer to Z Car Source (ex: Credit Card purchase = Credit Card credit). Credit Card returns & Check credits will be processed within 2 weeks of return being received at Z Car Source.
- Shipping and Handling Fees associated with returned purchase(s) are deducted from the credit of the returned item(s).
- All returned items due to order cancellation are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- No item(s) will be shipped out until the full payment has cleared the bank and is considered “Sufficient Funds.”
- ZCS does not accept credit cards for any orders shipped to a shipping depot, even if the depot is within the United States. Orders placed through our website with a shipping address of a shipping depot will be cancelled. Please contact our office to place an order to be shipped to a shipping depot.
Electrical Parts Warranty Policy
All USED Electronic Parts are sold “As Is”, do not come with any warranty or guarantee (unless otherwise specified) and are considered Final Sales (no refunds or returns). NEW and REBUILT electronic parts are returnable if not removed from packaging, have not been installed on a vehicle and comply with all other requirements listed in return policy.
Diagnosing problems with Electronic parts on Z cars is challenging. Z Car Source strongly suggests that all work be done using factory service manuals and is carried out by experienced technicians. It is especially difficult to perform diagnostic testing of Air Flow Meters, Air Mass Sensors and Engine Control Units (ECU’s, also known as computers, brains, ECM’s, etc.) These items are especially prone to misdiagnosis and will follow the one-time re-test procedure outlined in this policy. Please note our return policy listed above for new, used and rebuilt parts.
Warranty - Rebuilt Electronic Parts (including but not limited to ECU’s AFM’s AMS’s, and Distributors) provided through Z Car Source are tested and verified by the builder and come with a 6 month warranty against builder defect. New Electronic Parts purchased through Z Car Source come with the manufacturer’s warranty. Please contact Z Car Source for length and terms of warranties, as they vary by manufacturer. Used Electronic Parts purchased from Z Car Source do not come with any warranty or guarantee. They are sold on an “As Is” basis, and may not be returned.
Warranty Claims - To file a claim during the warranty period, the customer must ship the complete rebuilt part back to Z Car Source. Please be sure to properly pack the package, to prevent damage during shipping. Z Car Source recommends that all packages are shipped in a trackable manner (UPS, Fed Ex, etc…) and fully insured for their purchase price. Z Car Source will not be responsible for any lost shipments (or parts within the shipment), or damage to the shipment while in transit, and all shipping costs are the customer’s responsibility. Z Car Source will not accept any COD’s.
Once Z Car Source receives the part(s) for review, the part will be tested for performance.
1. If the part tests as “Good,” the part(s) will be returned to the customer for re-installation. Z Car Source will deem this a one-time re-test service and return the “Good,” re-tested part(s) back to the customer. It will be determined that the part(s) are good and not the cause of the condition.
2. If the part(s) tests as “Bad,” and is due to warranty related issues*, Z Car Source, will (at its discretion) repair or replace the part(s) and reimburse the customer for shipping charges no greater than “Ground Shipping.”
*If the part(s) was damaged due to incorrect installation or other vehicle issues not related to the quality of the part provided by Z Car Source, and requires repair or to be rebuilt, the customer will be notified before the unit is repaired/rebuilt and billed accordingly. There is no warranty on new or rebuilt electrical parts that fail due to incorrect installation or misdiagnosis.
Wheel Return Policy
Wheels and Wheel Sets may be returned up to 30 days after date of delivery under the following conditions:
* - The wheel(s) have not had tires installed and have not been driven on
* - The wheel(s) are in the original packaging and undamaged when returned
Wheel and Wheel Sets are not eligible for return for the following reasons/conditions:
* - Wheels or wheel sets that have had tires mounted on them or have been used.
* - Tire/wheels rub on vehicle after installation – Please note: 15” and larger wheels were not original equipment on Datsun/Nissan Z Cars. Z Car Source will not be responsible for interference due to vehicle issues.
-Carefully inspect all wheels upon receipt for shipping damage. All damage claims must be made to Z Car Source within 3 days of receiving the order and before mounting the tires. Should a Ride Issue (with the exceptions of Tire/Wheel rub) occur, Customer must notify Z Car Source within 7 days of date of delivery from ZCS. Any warranty issues fall under ZCS’s general warranty policy and procedures. ZCS will not at any time be responsible for wheel damage due to road related conditions (potholes, curbs, etc…). There will be no exceptions to these policies. All Returned wheels and wheel sets will be charged a 20% restock fee. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable. Insurance and proper packaging of returns are the customer’s responsibility. Z Car Source will not be held responsible for any damage occurred during the return shipping.